Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Noteflight Viewer?
- Why can I only see the first page of the music?
- Why does my preview page show a Sample page instead of the first page of music?
- Why can I only hear the first 30 seconds of the piece?
- If I can't find it, does that mean you don't have it?
- Why can't I see anything in my Shopping Cart?
- What is a cookie and why do you use them?
- What cards do you accept?
- I'm worried about the security of my credit card details.
- I'm worried about the privacy of my information. Is it safe with you?
- Why has my order been declined?
- My order has gone wrong! Can I get a refund?
- Why do I lose transpositions I make in the piece when I move off the page?
- Why can't I transpose this music?
- What about shipping costs and deliver time?
What is the Noteflight Viewer?
The Noteflight Viewer is the world's leading HTML-based sheet music viewer, providing interactivity and auto-responsiveness for use on any device, including computers, tablets and smartphones. The Noteflight Viewer is used for all SheetMusicDirect.us Interactive files
Interactivity includes playback, tempo control, transposition, variable note sizes, and full screen viewing. The Noteflight Viewer includes realistic MIDI playback with expression, stereo and reverb and works seamlessly within desktop and mobile browsers.
Sheet Music Direct works with the following operating systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.6 or above
- iOS 6 or above
- Android 2.3 or above
- Chrome OS
For score display and downloading, the following browser versions are supported:
- Chrome 21 or above
- Safari 6 or above
- Firefox 14 or above
- iOS Safari 6 or above
- Android 2.3 or above
For audio playback, the following browser versions are supported:
- Chrome 36 or above
- Safari 7 or above
- Firefox 36 or above
- iOS Safari 7.1 or above
- Android (none)
Why can I only see the first page of the music?
We show you the first page of any piece of music so that you can be assured that the piece you're buying is indeed the piece you want. However, to see additional pages, the piece must be purchased. Once you purchase a piece of sheet music, you will be able to view, interact with and download all of the pages.
Why does my preview page show a Sample page instead of the first page of music?
Music that is only one page long may only show half of the page as a preview. The purchased sheet will print out this "Sample" page followed by the actual music. If you wish to view your purchased song online, you will be able view the music by logging into your account and accessing that order.
Why can I only hear the first 30 seconds of the piece?
Due to copyright restrictions, we are only allowed to play the first 30 seconds/first page of any copyrighted piece of music.
If I can't find it, does that mean you don't have it?
If you still can't find it, just email email@example.com.
Why can't I see anything in my Shopping Cart?
In order for the Shopping Cart to work, your browser must be set up to accept cookies. If your computer won't accept cookies, our server can't keep track of who you are or what you're ordering.
What is a cookie and why do you use them?
Cookies are tiny files that SheetMusicDirect.us sends to your browser and that are stored on your computer. They help SheetMusicDirect.us keep track of the contents of your shopping basket and your currency preferences. They are completely harmless.
What cards do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
I'm worried about the security of my credit card details.
No need to be:
- We employ the strongest encryption currently available (128K).
- We transmit your card details directly to the bank for authorization when you place your order, so no one at SheetMusicDirect.us sees them.
For more information, see our Security & Privacy page.
I'm worried about the privacy of my information. Is it safe with you?
Why has my order been declined?
You probably filled in some of your details incorrectly. Check the following details and try again:
- State/Province, Zip Code, and Phone Number are required for U.S. and Canadian billing addresses.
- Invalid email address: We need a valid email address from you in order to inform you of your order's progress. It must contain one "@" symbol.
- Credit Card Details: Check that you've entered the same name and number as they appear on your card. Make sure you enter an expiry date.
Try your details again. If your order is still declined, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My order has gone wrong! Can I get a refund?
If you are unhappy with or fail to download any item(s) bought from Sheet Music Direct, please contact our Support Team by e-mail at email@example.com, explaining what went wrong. Please include your Order Number with your email.
After investigating the cause of the problem, we will offer you either another chance to download your purchased item, or a full refund for that item, but Sheet Music Direct shall have no further liability to you.
If you have any questions about our Refund Policy, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do I lose transpositions I make in the piece when I move off the page?
Transpositions will not persist past the page on which they were made. That is because a transposition takes place solely within the webpage, and each music file is read-only. If you transpose a piece while first viewing it, then decide to buy it, when you come back to the piece of music to print it, you must redo your transposition.
Why can't I transpose this music?
Only Interactive pieces are transposable. To transpose, click/tap the Transpose Key buttons in the tool bar above the piece.
What about shipping costs and deliver time?
Since we only sell digital sheet music that is downloadable, we do not ship any orders through the mail. All orders placed from Sheet Music Direct can be accessed and downloaded immediately or whenever it is convenient for you.